Our catering provider is Chartwells. As the UK’s largest food service provider, they offer a seasonal menu full of delicious and nutritious dishes.
- Each day there are 2 main meal choices, or instead children may choose a jacket potato with either tuna, cheese or baked beans.
- Freshly baked bread is available daily.
- 2 dessert options are offered, one variable option and fresh fruit or yoghurt.
Children may choose one main meal option and one dessert option.
Click here to see the exciting menu.
Lunches are free for children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2.
There is a charge for children who have lunches from Year 3 to Year 6 and children in the Nursery. The office will tell you the current price for a meal.
Allergies and special diets
We provide halal meals and vegetarian options as well as individual menus for children with specific dietary needs.
Please let the school know any dietary requirements your child may have. You will be asked to complete Chartwells Special Diet Request form and return it to the school office along with supporting medical evidence. Chartwells will then work with you to design a menu that is suitable for your child.
Here is the latest Halal certificate:
Free School Meals for Infants
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 can have free school meals. This is called universal infant free school meals (UIFSM).
Free School Meals - Income Related Free School Meals (IRFSM)
You can claim free school meals for each child who attends school if you receive one of these benefits:
- Universal Credit with no earned income or with net monthly earnings less than £616.67
- Income Support
- Income based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income related Employment Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit - as long as you have a yearly household income of less than £16,190 (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) and do not get Working Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
It is important you make a claim for free school meals even if your child has packed lunches, is in reception or key stage 1 as the Government will still give the school additional funding (Pupil Premium) if they are eligible. We use this money to buy resources, employ teachers and run free after school clubs.
Please ask our office team if you would like us to help you apply for free school meals.
Click here to pay for school meals online. If you have not made an online payment before, please contact the school office for your ‘link code’. You will need this to register.
We encourage meals to be paid for weekly or termly, in advance. Credit for an absence will be carried forward to the following week.
Children also have the option of bringing a packed lunch to school. We ask parents to commit to school meals or packed lunches for a full term and do not chop and change between the two.
We are a healthy school and ask that packed lunches are healthy lunches. We actively discourage fizzy drinks, sweets or crisps.
We are also a nut free school due to several children having a severe allergic reaction to nuts. Please note - this also includes peanut butter and Nutella.
Children in nursery and reception children receive a carton of milk each day free of charge. In addition, all children are offered a piece of fresh fruit each day. Children may also bring fruit from home to eat at morning break time.
Throughout the year, Chartwells design special menus to promote food around the world. The dates will appear here once confirmed.