- At Gateway we take online safety extremely seriously.
- We have an Internet Policy that provides guidance for teachers and children about how to use the World Wide Web safely.
- Children are not permitted to access the Internet without the presence of an adult and even then specific pre-checked websites are used.
- The entire school network is protected by a filtering firewall that stops any inappropriate material being viewed or downloaded.
- An Internet incident report system is in place to record and help investigate issues should they arise.
At the start of every PSHE and Computing unit, we have discrete online safety lessons for all children from Y1 - Y6.
Ms Nwandison holds coffee mornings to support parents with online safety out of school and members of SLT are always on hand to advise if problems occur.
The Academy also keep a record of any online safety issues in or outside of school and this is monitored regularly. We work with parents where appropriate and sanctions are noted as part of our Behaviour Policy.