Secondary Transfer Applications
If your child is in Year 6 from September 2021, you will need to start the process of applying for a secondary school place for September 2022.
The closing date for applications is 31 October 2021.
In order for you to be fully informed about the applications process, and how to find out more about the schools you may be interested in applying to, a handy hints and tips leaflet is available as well as a detailed online brochure.
This leaflet answers the most frequently asked questions and includes:
- All the visiting dates and open evenings for Westminster secondary schools
- Dates for ability banding and aptitude tests which some schools run
This brochure includes:
- The process of applying for schools and what happens after
- Over subscription criteria for all Westminster secondary schools
- How places were offered in the previous year
- Useful information to assist in the transition from primary to secondary school
Help submitting applications
Choosing a secondary school is a big decision for you and your child, and we are here to help you through the application process.
This year we will organise a number of ‘drop ins’ where parents can meet with a member of the senior leadership team who will help to submit applications.
The dates are:
- Monday 11 October – 9am -10:30am
- Tuesday 12 October – 9am -10:30am
- Wednesday 13 October – 9am -10:30am
- Monday 18 October – 2:30pm -4:00pm
- Tuesday 19 October – 2:30pm -4:00pm
We are here to help . Ms Lattimer, our year 6 leader, and the Deputy Headteachers are happy to assist and and advise. Please either email or phone the Academy and someone will call you back.