Return to School September 2021
Everyone will return to school on Monday 6 September at 8:50 am.
Guidance permitting, we hope to return to many of our pre-COVID ways of working from September.
The government has now published new guidance for September that removes a number of the restrictions currently in place. Delivering face-to-face high quality education will be a priority for all schools.
- Year group bubbles will be removed
- Year group bubbles will not be sent home for remote learning if there is a positive confirmed
- Staggered pick up times will go. Everyone will finish at 3:20pm
- All gates will be open for use by pupils and their parents
Schools are still required to implement proportionate control measures as part of an on-going risk assessment. This means that there will not be a complete return to pre-COVID ways of working. The emphasis will shift to:
- Keeping good hygiene for everyone during the school day
- Regular cleaning, including high-touch surfaces
- Well ventilated rooms by keeping doors and windows open, at least for part of the day with blasts of fresh air
- Following public health rules on testing, self-isolation and managing confirmed cases
The Parent Guide to a Return to School sets out in more detail the changes to the way we will work at Gateway in September and explains how we will continue to keep pupils, parents and staff safe. Click here to view the document.
Over the summer, schools will continue to receive guidance from the government. Should government guidance change, and schools are instructed to retain the current ways of working, we will contact parents via text and post information on the school website.
Thank you for your support in what has, at times, been a difficult and turbulent year.
To find out how the school will function in the event of a local outbreak, click here to view our Outbreak Management Plan.